Full Moon In Cancer January, 2020…
Friday January 10th / Saturday January 11th, a soothing start to the year!
Moon Muse: Vanessa Paradis, Capricorn Sun, Cancer Moon…
Full Moon In Cancer, 20º00’
- Weekday: Saturday – Saturn’s Day,
- Element: Water,
- Moon’s Ruler: The Moon Itself.
Times Around The World…
- Sydney: Saturday, January 11th, 2020 at 6.21 am
- Hong Kong: Saturday, January 11th, 2020 at 3.21 am
- Kolkata: Saturday, January 11th, 2020 at 00.51 am
- Moscow: Friday, January 10th, 2020 at 10.21 pm
- Paris: Friday, January 10th, 2020 at 8.21 pm
- London: Friday, January 10th, 2020 at 7.21 pm
- New York: Friday, January 10th, 2020 at 2.21 pm
- Los Angeles: Friday, January 10th, 2020 at 11.21 am.
About This Full Moon…
Eleven days into the New Year, the Moon reaches the height of the lunar cycle, peaking in ‘Cancer’. It will be two thirds through the zodiac sign, at exactly 20º00’, and is a very special first Full Moon of 2020.
It’s Capricorn Season, with a stellium of planets in this zodiac sign governed by Saturn, including Saturn himself, Pluto (sitting with Saturn, both at 22º), the Sun accompanied by Mercury (both at 20º), and Jupiter with the South Node (both at 8º).
It’s a remarkable Full Moon moment, as the horoscope reveals very tight aspects; the ‘hot’ degrees are between 8º and 22º of the Cardinal Signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn), with the 14º–16º significant, too.
That’s because Neptune in Pisces (16º28’) acts as a kind of go-between, aligning with both the midpoint of the Moon in Cancer and North Node, as well as extending his watery wishes towards the heart of the Capricorn Stellium.
There are no ‘harsh’ aspects at this Full Moon, signifying a soothing start to the year!
The Full Moon Chart…
How To Work With This Full Moon…
- Look for ‘hot’ degrees in your own natal chart: between 8º and 22º of the Cardinal Signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn), or within 14º–16º of the Mutable Signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces). If you have personal planets (the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, or Mars) or chart angles (ascendant-descendant, imuni coeli-midheaven) at these points in your chart pay extra attention.
- Reflect on the eclipses in Cancer and Capricorn; although this is not a Total Lunar Eclipse, it is still a penumbral lunar eclipse. The Sun, Earth, and the Moon are imperfectly aligned, however, they are very much tuning in to experiences of the last two years. In particular, the (new moon) Solar Eclipse of July 12th, 2018, which was at 20º50′ Cancer. Think back to this time and the initiatives you were beginning to consider.
- Work with hard earth and water – the Moon peaks on Saturn’s Day, with a great emphasis on the Capricorn constellation, governed by Saturn, which is all about the earth element, while the watery Moon in Cancer supported by Neptune spells a lot of emotion. Balance grounding activities with feeling – a bracing winter walk with family, getting together colleagues for a back-to-work feast, establishing healthy goals and boundaries at home. Remember that Cancer governs domestic settings, ancestry, food, nurturing, mothers, and comfort; Capricorn governs big business, industry, practical efforts and establishing limits.