Full Moon In Leo, 2020…
Saturday February 8th / Sunday February 9th, no need to party on this heady Full Moon!
Moon Muse: Paris Hilton, Sun In Aquarius, Moon In Leo….
Full Moon In Leo, 20º00’
- Weekday: Sunday – The Sun’s Day,
- Element: Fire,
- Moon’s Ruler: The Sun.
Times Around The World…
- Sydney: Sunday February 9th , 2020 at 6.33 pm
- Hong Kong: Sunday February 9th, 2020 at 3.33 pm
- Kolkata: Sunday February 9th, 2020 at 1.03 pm
- Moscow: Sunday February 9th, 2020 at 10.33 am
- Paris: Sunday February 9th, 2020 at 8.33 am
- London: Sunday February 9th, 2020 at 7.33 am
- New York: Sunday February 9th, 2020 at 2.33 am
- Los Angeles: Saturday February 8th, 2020 at 11.33 pm.
About This Full Moon…
The Full Moon peaking in Leo is always an interesting lunation because the ruler of the Moon is the Sun!
For most of us, this Full Moon will peak on a Sunday, too, emphasizing the role of ‘Sol’ in the horoscope, and while the Aquarian Sun isn’t making any major aspects to other planets (aside from Mars), his ruler–Uranus–is aligned with the Nodal Axis, and Mercury.
To explore the story of this Full Moon a little further, I’ve added in asteroid Vesta, keeper of the hearth also in Taurus, currently tracing her way through this practical, food-focused, money conscious sign (see her in the chart at 17º31′).
The Sun and Moon create a T-Square with Vesta, who joins Uranus in aligning and syncing with planets (and the South Node) in Capricorn – they mean business.
The Aquarius Sun is the only celestial body in an Air Sign; there’s plenty of Fire, with the Moon, Mars and Venus all in this warm element. However, it could feel a bit suffocating: fire needs air to burn bright but it also has a habit of consuming all the oxygen!
It’s uncomfortable and disjointed, to say the least.
A Full Moon in Leo suggests a lavish party-like atmosphere but in this instance we’re inclined to ask who’s paying for it ? Who’s catering and making sure there’s ice? Who’s in charge of supplies and ensuring there’s no waste, and if there are leftovers that they’re properly used or disposed of…
Aquarius Season means everyone’s invited; easy rapport with Mars in Sagittarius adds momentum, liveliness, and spunk; Venus has slipped into Aries and is knocking on Chiron’s door, adding fuel to the fire…
But Vesta’s not happy, the stem of the T-Square, and she has Jupiter on side at 15º Capricorn backing her corner.
Uranus aligned with the nodal axis puts greater emphasis on food, the practicalities, sustainability, and environmental awareness.
The Full Moon Chart…
How To Work With This Full Moon…
- Shine a light on the area of your horoscope featuring Leo, and around 3º and 20º of the Fixed Signs: Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius. What do these areas of the chart govern for you?
- A Full Moon in Leo suggests fun and a showy, entertaining moment, yet the practicalities dominate now. If you are inclined to celebrate (or have a night of romance ahead of Valentine’s Day) be sure to make it an eco-conscious, sustainable, green affair.
- There’s a prominent Fire signature in the chart, with the presence of woody Earth and sparky Air. Though this might suggests a bonfire ritual, leave the pagan festivities to Imbolc earlier in Aquarius Season. Since Vesta is in tension with Leo and Aquarius, temper the flames and simply keep a modest tribute to the goddess honoured with keeping the home fires burning…
Your Full Moon Horoscope…