New Moon In Pisces, 2020…
Sunday February 23rd / Monday February 24th, stars sync in easy and gentle formation!
Moon Muse: Rachel Weisz, Sun And Moon In Pisces…
New Moon In Pisces, 04º28
- Weekday: Monday – The Moon’s Day,
- Element: Water,
- Moon’s Ruler: Jupiter + Neptune.
Times Around The World…
- Sydney: Monday February 24th, 2020 at 2.32 am
- Hong Kong: Sunday February 23rd, 2020 at 11.32 pm
- Kolkata: Sunday February 23rd, 2020 at 9.02 pm
- Moscow: Sunday February 23rd, 2020 at 6.32 pm
- Paris: Sunday February 23rd, 2020 at 4.32 pm
- London: Sunday February 23rd, 2020 at 3.32 pm
- New York: Sunday February 23rd, 2020 at 10.32 am
- Los Angeles: Sunday February 23rd, 2020 at 7.32 am.
About This New Moon…
Towards the end of February we have a magical lunation, the New Moon in Pisces occurring at 4º28’ of the sign.
It’s incredibly special, yet it could feel like a foggy one, with Pisces playing host to both Neptune (the Moon’s ruler) and Mercury Retrograde…
Mercury will hit the 4º28’ point February 6th (ahead of the Full Moon in Leo on the 9th), so we might be inclined to get stuck into this one ahead of time, or wait to make sense of what just happened?!
The traditional ruler of Pisces is Jupiter, now (18º Capricorn) aligned with modern ruler Neptune (17º) but square to Venus (18º Aries).
Remember that Venus governs our relationships, finances, confidence, and pleasures, so these things could feel challenging at New Moon.
And yet, despite tension in the stars, this is a pleasant New Moon to work with.
Mars has left Sagittarius and now joins the South Node in Capricorn – the last in a long line of planets to connect with this karmic point of shifts and goodbyes.
This indicates some final pushes, removals and eradications are underway – a wonderful detox is in motion!
Mars (4º56′) perfectly aligns with this New Moon (4º28′), as well as the Nodal Axis (6º50’), and Uranus too (3º27′).
The stars are syncing in easy formation, allowing us to invoke change!
Pisces heightens feelings of sympathy and spirituality, and adds a willingness to sacrifice the ‘self’ in favor of something bigger, i.e. God, the collective, or some mystical thread that runs through the ether.
Pisces sentiments awaken us to a gentler way of being, looking at the world through a more idealistic lens.
This is a New Moon that could add hope and acceptance, as we surrender, and renew our resolve with a genuine, realistic sense of faith (thanks to Capricorn’s influence).
The New Moon Chart…
How To Work With This New Moon…
- Look for ‘hot’ degrees in your own natal chart: around 3º–6º, 17º and 18º of Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable – all are involved! With Mercury Retrograde, Gemini and Virgo are extra susceptable to communication mishaps presently. See how the New Moon and related planets interact with your chart – where can you shift into a higher gear?
- Focus on Pisces themes – healing, sacrifice, surrender, transcendence, confusion, delusion, foggyness, and team it with Capricorn themes: endurance, long-term vision, planning, success. Ask yourself, where are new boundaries flourishing? How is the old being dissolved and something fresh being given nourishment to grow? The blend of earth and water feels like a healthy and sustainable platform…
- Work with water, empathy, spirit, music and whatever moves you – the New Moon is on a Sunday or Monday, connecting us back to the Sun and Moon in Pisces; it’s ruled by Neptune in Pisces, or Jupiter, aligned with Neptune. Therefore the prominent theme links back to water. Go swimming or indulge in a spa day. Plan to have a spiritual retreat or switch off from the usual demands of everyday life. Focus on the feet and treat yourself to a pedicure or lymph massage.
Your New Moon Horoscope…