Autumn Is Coming! 5 Ways To Honour Lammas In Your Beauty Rituals…
Beautiful Rituals To Put You In Touch With The Season!
In 2020, Lammas is Saturday, August 1st (in the Northern Hemisphere).
Traditionally celebrated on the first day of August, Lammas is the first harvest festival of the year and marks the onset of the annual gathering of wheat.
It’s a time when the first grains are harvested, trees begin to drop their fruit, and foods of the land are coming into season, ripening in the heat of summer…
So what can we do to mark the moment?
Beautiful Lammas Rituals…
1. Relax In The Heat…
The most important thing to do at this time is languish in the hazy days of summer. Becuase August 1st is a hot and heady time – and before the true toil of harvest time, historically speaking. But, with such fierce fiery skies it’s important to protect your beautiful skin!
Wear sunscreen, and add bronzer rather than burn…
2. Use Seasonal Beauty Ingredients…
- Wheat, Barely, Oats, and Rye
- Sage, Meadowsweet, Mint, Elderflower
- Sunflower, Calendula,Rose, Sandalwood, Ginseng, Aloe,
- Venugreat, Heather, Frankinscence, Oak & Verbain, Gorse, Hazel
- Sage, Mint, Sunflower, Weath.
3. Reflect on the upcoming abundance of the fall months!
- Reaping what we have sown throughout the past few months, and
- Recognizing and acknowledging that the bright summer days will soon come to an end (sad face).
4. Wear Flowers…
Flowers are nature’s gift to us, and at all times of the year we can utilize beautiful blooms. However on special occassions it’s even more significant to wear the symbols of summer.
In rituals of yesteryear, women would climb to the highest point of their nearest hill and bury flowers as a sign that summer was ending. In other places, the first sheaf of the harvest was buried.
5. Adopt The Colors Of Lammas!
- Golds, Browns, Yellows
- Bold Reds.