Mercury Retrograde In Libra – What You Need To Know!
Sync your diary with key dates for this socially dynamic retrograde spell...
The planet of commerce, connection, transportation and trade will backtrack and retrograde in the skies, throwing off our ability to get a clear and coherent message.
Here are the dates to work with:
- Mercury enters Libra: Monday August 30th 2021, 1.10 am EDT (0º00′)
- Mercury in Libra finds harmony with Saturn, trine Saturn [Retrograde] in Aquarius September 4th 2021, 9.24 pm EDT
- Mercury enters its Shadow Period: September 6th 3.35 pm EDT (10º07′)
- Mercury in Libra finds harmony with Jupiter, trine Jupiter [Retrograde] in Aquarius September 20th 2021, 6.38 pm EDT
- Mercury in Libra clashes with Pluto, square Pluto in Capricorn September 22nd 2021, 8.33 am EDT
- Mercury stations Retrograde in Libra Monday 27th September 2021 1.11 am EDT (25º28′)
- Mercury Retrograde in Libra square Pluto in Capricorn Friday October 1st 2021, 9.53 am EDT
- Mercury Retrograde in Libra trine Jupiter [Retrograde] in Aquarius Sunday 3rd October 2021, 7.37 pm EDT
- Sun in Libra meets (conjuncts) Mercury Retrograde, Saturday 9th October 12.18 pm EDT
- Mars in Libra meets (conjuncts) Mercury Retrograde, Saturday 9th October 6.48 pm EDT
- Mercury stations Direct in Libra Monday 18th October 2021 11.17 am EDT (10º07′)
- Mercury trine Jupiter (direct) in Aquarius Monday November 1st 2021 12.15 am EDT
- Mercury Clears Its Shadow: November 2nd 2021 9.02 pm (25º28′) with the Moon co-present in Libra!
- Mercury square Pluto (direct) in Capricorn Tuesday November 2nd 2021 5.35 am EDT
- finally, Mercury enters Scorpio Friday 5th November 2021 6.35 pm EDT…
- Venus in Libra: August to Friday September 10th 2021; September 9th 2021 is a strong day too, with the Moon, Mercury and Venus in Libra, with Venus at the final 29º of the sign, ready to enter Scorpio and leave the messenger planet to its business.
- Mars in Libra: September 14th 2021 to 30th October 2021
- Sun in Libra, Libra Season: 22nd September 2021 to 22nd October 2021
- New Moon in Libra, Wednesday October 6th 2021 7.04 am EDT.
Astrological Aspects for Mercury Retrograde in Libra 2021…
I have included all the aspects Mercury makes to the outer planets Saturn, Pluto and Jupiter, as these are noteworthy.
Mercury trine Saturn
Evokes discipline, structure and a serious, formal tone – good for talking in a way that adheres the the rules, limits and boundaries (i.e. social distancing). We might think of writing up the laws of governance and our own principles, or talking about what’s best for everyone, our community or the people en mass, with Saturn in Aquarius encouraging a hard look at the group or collective.
Mercury trine Jupiter
This is a signature that encourages us to talk broadly about big plans that have unfolded – and continue to gain traction; we can lean toward a bid for fairness, freedom and fellowship (as the planets are in air signs).
Mercury square Pluto
Power struggles and controlled linguistics and transactions – someone or something restricting our capacity to follow through in discourse, a battle to get our point across or a dominant figure that makes negotiating impossible. Pluto is shadowy and squeezes us, often robbing us of our power or stealing away our capacity to be fully empowered…
NB> This Mercury Retrograde is the bridge that helps us turn a corner in the spaces held by Aquarius.
Saturn appears direct in Aquarius on October 11th; Jupiter appears direct in Aquarius October 18th.
The key takeaway on how to use this retrograde lies in the broader themes of Aquarius (Jupiter+Saturn) and how this zodiac sign in being activated for us (both individually and all around us).
More About Libra & the Themes of this Retrograde…
Libra is the sign of the Scales, of Justice, fairness, diplomacy and balance.
Mercury in Libra speaks to us of unity and marriage, of collaboration and teamwork, of playing nice and playing fair.
Some stars with this Mercury Sign are: Beyonce, Gwen Stefani, Gwyneth Paltrow, Annie Leibovitz, Kate Winslet, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Kris and Kendall Jenner.
Look out for
- Social arrangements going awry
- Relationship talks on the table
- Negotiations, interviews and discussions that require patience.
Good luck Stargazers!